Pagina de start a forumului Limba latina, Lingua Latina Forum Limba latina, Lingua Latina Forum
Un site cu tot ce tine de limba latina. Exista varianta forumului in limba latina (alegeti limba din Profil). Hoc forum versionem Latinam habet (elige linguam in Persona).

FAQFAQ   CautareCautare   MembriMembri   GrupuriGrupuri   InregistrareInregistrare 
 ProfilProfil   Mesaje privateMesaje private   AutentificareAutentificare 

Womens Jerome Baker Jersey

Creaza un subiect nou   Raspunde la subiect    Pagina de start a forumului Limba latina, Lingua Latina Forum -> Discutii libere
Subiectul anterior :: Subiectul urmator  
Autor Mesaj

linchao

Aedile

Data inscrierii: 25/Iul/2018

MesajTrimis: Joi Sep 13, 2018 4:45 am    Titlul subiectului: Womens Jerome Baker Jersey Raspunde cu citat (quote)

Free agent defensive tackle Beau Allen is eager to make a difference for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The former Philadelphia run-stopper signed a three-year Jordan Mills Jersey , $15 million contract Thursday and has no qualms about leaving the reigning NFL champion Eagles to join a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade.

Allen said he's excited about the challenge of doing his part to help the Bucs get better.

"We won the Super Bowl in Philadelphia, but it wasn't all roses before that. We had tough seasons, too," the fifth-year pro said.

"I'm not afraid of work at all," Allen added. "That's why I'm here."

The 26-year-old tackle comes to the Bucs after spending the first four seasons of his career as part of a strong interior rotation with the Eagles, who led the league in rushing defense in 2017, limiting opponents to 79.2 yards per game on the ground.

The Bucs, by comparison, ranked 23rd against the run, allowing 117.5 yards per game.

"Stopping the run is a huge part of the game, and that's one thing we did really well in Philadelphia last year," Allen said.

"We were the No. 1 run defense and I think, to toot my own horn a little bit, I was a big part of that Reuben Foster Jersey ," he added. "We had a lot of good defensive lineman, a lot of good defensive players ... so that went into it as well."

With Tampa Bay, the 6-foot-3, 327-pound Allen fills a need for interior help created by the release of underperforming tackle Chris Baker and loss of veteran Clinton McDonald, who became an unrestricted free agent.

Allen, who is excited about playing alongside six-time Pro Bowl tackle Gerald McCoy, entered the NFL as a seventh-round draft pick of the Eagles in 2014. He appeared in 63 games, with eight starts, and had two sacks and 10 tackles for losses over the past four seasons.

"I pride myself on playing a pretty specific brand of football that did well for me in Philadelphia," he said. "I consider myself a tough, dependable, consistent guy. I think that's one thing (Tampa Bay) liked about me, and that's one thing that's not going to change."

The Bucs went 5-11 last season, missing the playoffs for the 10th consecutive season.

The Eagles won their first Super Bowl title Terron Armstead Jersey , however Allen hasn't forgotten what it took to get there.

"Don't get me wrong, winning isn't easy in the NFL at all. It takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears, a lot of effort and a lot of dirty work that a lot of people don't really realize," Allen said.

"I'm excited to be in a place that when you go through those tough times and you work and then you get the rewards in the success of winning, it makes it that much better," he added. "I'm not afraid of that. ... I'm really excited about the opportunity and the challenge."

The Detroit Tigers blew a three-run lead in the eighth inning and eventually lost on a home run in the ninth. Still, this was a day Jose Iglesias and Leonys Martin may look back on fondly for years.

Before Monday’s game against Oakland, the Tigers hosted a ceremony on the field in which a group of people were sworn in as American citizens. Iglesias and Martin, both natives of Cuba, were among them.

”I will never forget about my country, but it’s amazing to be part of United States,” said Martin, a 30-year-old outfielder. ”Being able to do it here in the ballpark Joe Barksdale Jersey , right in front of the fans, that was really emotional.”

Martin played for Cuba in the 2009 World Baseball Classic. After defecting, he received a $15.5 million, five-year contract with the Texas Rangers in 2011. This is his first season with the Tigers.

Iglesias, a 28-year-old shortstop, made his big league debut in 2011 with the Boston Red Sox. He was traded to the Tigers in 2013, and he can look back now at the daunting process of getting used to a new country.

”It’s hard, man. You came. You face a new culture, face a new language, facing new food, new everything,” Iglesias said before the game. ”Still learning. I’ve been here for 10 years, and I’m still learning.”

Iglesias and Martin had their ceremony at a time when a national debate over President Donald Trump’s immigration policy has been dominating the news. Iglesias wasn’t about to wade into that.

”I don’t really have a comment on that. I try to stay away from that,” Iglesias said. ”If there’s anything I can do to help a human being in the end of the day Harrison Smith Jersey , I will do it, but I try to stay away from politics.”

Manager Ron Gardenhire was excited about the ceremony.

”It’s really cool. These guys are really proud of that. I’m just hoping they can get to Canada,” he said. ”They’ve lost their visas and green cards now once they’ve taken this citizenship, so they have to get a passport so they can go with us to Canada here in a few days.”

The Tigers play a four-game series at Toronto starting Friday night.

For a brief moment, it appeared Monday’s game against the Athletics might unfold in storybook fashion – with Martin driving in Iglesias with the winning run. The score was tied at 1 in the seventh inning, and Martin hit a drive to center. Iglesias raced around from first, but he had to stop at third when the ball bounced over the wall for a double. He was thrown out at home when the next batter hit a grounder.

Nicholas Castellanos hit a three-run homer later that inning for Detroit, but Oakland rallied in the eighth and eventually won 5-4.

No matter. This was still a special day for Iglesias and Martin.

”It’s amazing,” Iglesias said. ”Become an American citizen on a ballpark, and with full uniform and everything. It’s a blessing.”

Womens Jerome Baker Jersey
Sus
Vezi profilul utilizatorului Trimite mesaj privat Viziteaza site-ul autorului
Afiseaza mesajele pentru a le previzualiza:   
Creaza un subiect nou   Raspunde la subiect    Pagina de start a forumului Limba latina, Lingua Latina Forum -> Discutii libere Ora este GMT + 3 ore
Pagina 1 din 1

Mergi direct la:  
Nu puteti crea un subiect nou in acest forum
Nu puteti raspunde in subiectele acestui forum
Nu puteti modifica mesajele proprii din acest forum
Nu puteti sterge mesajele proprii din acest forum
Nu puteti vota in chestionarele din acest forum

Varianta in limba romana: Romanian phpBB online community